Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!


Tomorrow marks six years of marriage for my husband and I. It also marks six years we have been Christians. It is a very special day tomorrow. Lots of victorious days, and lots of not so victorious days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The beauty of hindsight is that you can really begin to appreciate the bad times more because you realize that through the hard times is where the love and unity grows the most. We've been through a lot together, and we are still going stronger than ever. There were days when we thought it was a mistake to have kids and get married, but then we come to our senses and realize that it is our kids and our marriage that make our life as rich as it is. Today's society makes it easy to just end a marriage and go on with one's life. I have to admit that sometimes it seems that my life would be easier and better if I would end our marriage so that I can get child support and baby-sitting when I need it so I can do my own thing, but again I come to my senses and realize that that kind of thinking is just selfish beyond words. 

My husband knows more about me than anybody else on the planet. To think that someone can know me like that and still love me is incomprehensible to me. He is there to wipe my tears even when the tears are uncalled for. He is there to listen to my complaints and sorrows even when they are not justified. He is there to offer a helping hand when I need it even when the help is undeserved. He is always giving me a reason to go on. When I feel like throwing in the towel, he motivates me by his love, to keep going. When I get up in the morning, I know that my day is going to be full of surprises because he is a part of it. Not a day goes by where we don't communicate to each other. We will call on our lunch breaks, text whenever we get a chance, and have long conversations at dinner and at bedtime, even though we should be sleeping. I have seen this man change from a scared boy to a confident God fearing man. My heart is full and complete because God has answered my deep desire--To have a life full of love and joy-- and its all thanks to God and His one and only son. 

When I watch my husband play with our children, my heart sings. When I watch him garden and do yard work, my heart sings. When he kisses me and holds me, my heart sings. When he reaches out and holds my hand, my heart sings. When he is going through a hard time and he seems irritable and depressed, my heart breaks, but in time, we always make it through. 

This year I dedicate a song called "You're Still The One" by Shania Twain to him. I dedicate this song because it says what I want to say. You're still the one I love, the one I run to, the one kiss good night, the one I still want; We beat the odds together, and I'm glad we didn't listen because look at what we would be missing! 




No comments: