Friday, October 10, 2008

A wonderful gift


Right now I am watching the sun set behind all the houses in my neighborhood. The clouds are glowing. The trees are swaying in the breeze. My children are watching some T.V. and my husband is working in the backyard. The world is going on around us doing its own thing. Yet my heart is content. I have everything I need. I have the love of God through and in Jesus and so that makes everything around me wonderful and mysterious and great. I should be worried about my family and our economic situation, but I am not. He will provide, He will take care of us. I should be working hard and staying busy to assure that I have accomplished something, but being still and knowing that He is God is priceless. I could go on about how horrible life is and wonder what the point of all of "it" is--but I won't, because I know that in this life, happiness and comfort is not the primary goal. There is no goal. It is being able to let life happen and know that you are not going to die because of a few hardships. It is letting God love you--allowing Him to take care of you. It is being able to sit and watch the world around you go crazy and angry while you are able to enjoy the beauty of the sun setting being confident that He will fulfill His word. Contentment in whatever circumstance is key to being able to have peace in your heart. Letting go of hurts and wrongs, and forgiving them, allows you to be free to have a life that brings joy and riches. What a wonderful gift He has given us!