Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A New Chapter

I am so excited about this new chapter in my life. I am meeting some new friends and I feel as though that little dying spark I had in my heart is beginning to be a flame again. I am really enjoying the new church we are going to. This past Sunday they put on a thing for the kids, called Kids 411. There was a play that was about honor, which is what the kids are learning in their classes, and it was fun as well as entertaining. After the play there were tons of games to play. Stacy got slimed which was a lot of fun. In one game the parents had to hold a cup while the kids had to fill it up with a spray bottle full of water. The kids had to stand about 4 feet from us so we got pretty soaked. In another game there was an obstacle course where the family had to place a rope between their legs and as they try and get through the obstacle course they get shot with a water gun. There was also plenty of food too. Free cotton candy, sno cones, and popcorn. And of course there was a jumper. We had the best time! I felt really good to have some family time like that.

My husband and I also joined a small group. We were pretty apprehensive about it at first. But we knew it was something we needed to do. It turns out that the small group is in the same neighborhood we are in, we can literally walk to the house. We went to our first meeting on Monday night and we felt right at home. I was just amazed at how welcoming they were to all of us who were new to group. I know that God will guide us in our time together to learn more and be more. What attracted me most was their desire to not only learn what the Bible teaches, but to go out and do it. I was impressed with their love for one another, as it was very obvious, as some of these people have been in this small group for some time. The impression I am getting is that this new church is really about promoting churches in our community. In other words, the real church meets at peoples homes where personal prayer requests and needs can be met. As well as intimate Bible study and fellowship. And then we all gather at the "temple courts" on Saturday evening or Sunday morning for spiritual teachings and communion. I did notice right away that this new church had no kitchen or fellowship hall, and now I know why. They want people to eat at homes with each other. So instead of finding kitchens and programs, you find volleyball and basketball courts and lots of ministries. Here is the website to our small group: http://parkhillsmallgroup.blogspot.com/

I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am that God is working some great things in our life. And not just in ours but in everyone's. Looking back, I now see that God has been directing my steps and leading me because He does in fact care about me and those around me.

1 comment:

MoonDove said...

Nor sure if my comment posted. So here I go again. I just wanted to say I am glad that you have found somewhere to rejoice in worshipping God. It is amazing when you find people to connect with and fellowship with. I will be praying for you and your group. Love you! Crissy