Saturday, December 6, 2008

All I need

The truth is, is that I still get hurt when I feel left out. I especially harbor hurt feelings when I don't get invited to do things with family and friends. My knee jerk reaction when I find out I haven't been included or forgotten is; "What's wrong with me?" but I am beginning to see the immaturity in this thinking. For one, there are things going on that are beyond my understanding, and two, it really doesn't matter. I know who I was, but that isn't really who I am. I know that I have a hard time making friends, but thank God He knows how to be a friend to someone like me. I may not always get invited to do all the things I would like to do, but I did get invited to the most important thing of all- to be God's child; to be a part of the kingdom of God; to be the bride of Christ! God has not forgotten me, but has in fact specifically chosen me! And thats all I need. 

1 comment:

bsczar1 said...

Simple, yet profound. How often I find myself forgetting this simple truth. I get wrapped up in life, and then I forget the simple little truths that can completely change my whole way of thinking. Thanks for the reminder. Isn't it funny how the little things can sometimes have a bigger impact than the big things?